Optometry Day at the Statehouse
March 20, 2019 - Ohio Theatre, Galbreath Pavilion
Optometry Day at the Statehouse (ODASH) is an essential component of the Ohio Optometric Association’s advocacy strategy to protect, advance and modernize the profession.
ODASH is an annual gathering of OOA members in Columbus to meet with their elected officials in the Ohio General Assembly. The purpose of each meeting is to discuss the issues most important to the profession, advocate for specific bills, and ensure legislators understand the scope of their work.
|8:30 - 9:00 AM||Registration|
|9:00 - 10:00 AM||Welcome, Instructions and Guest Speakers|
|10:00 - 11:15 AM||Welcome Reception with Legislators|
|11:30 AM - Noon||OOA Luncheon with Guest Speaker Lieutenant Governor Jon Husted|
|12:15 - 12:30 PM||Guest Speakers|
|1:00 - 3:30 PM||OOA Member meetings with Key Legislators and policymakers|
|4:00 - 5:00 PM||OOA Networking Reception with Legislators|
- Programming is designed for member ODs to attend all day.
- The OOA will set all appointments with legislators in the afternoon on behalf of attendees. Member ODs do not need to arrange their own appointments.
- Legislators have been invited to attend one of the two receptions held at the Ohio Theatre during ODASH.
- The OOA is working to secure Ohio political leaders to speak at the event. To date, Lt. Governor Jon Husted and House Majority Whip Jay Edwards have confirmed.
- The goal of ODASH 2019 is to educate legislators about optometry.