Many of Ohio’s doctors of optometry choose to engage at the state level with the process that regulates the practice of optometry in Ohio, and they become members of the Ohio Optometric Association to directly help protect Ohio’s patients and their profession.
Other ODs recognize value in the group health care plan and retirement options that OOA members enjoy for both themselves and their staff members.
And there are some who like the professional camaraderie, practice assistance and news items that the OOA provides.
Whatever the reason, 70 percent of optometrists in Ohio connect with each other, develop their practices and recognize that they belong in the organization that is a national leader in optometric advocacy and OD membership. You belong, too!
None at this time.
- At the State level the Ohio Optometric Association monitors the activities of policymakers who have the ability to impact our practices, patients and profession. This includes Medicaid
- At the Federal level the American Optometric Association monitors the activities of policymakers who have the ability to impact our practices, patients and profession. This includes Medicare.
- The latest information impacting the profession with a subscription to Perspectives, the OOA’s quarterly publication
- OOA website (www.ooa.org)
- OOA Perpspectives (http://ooa.org/aws/OOA/pt/sp/perspectives_home_page)
- Legislative and Third Party updates
- Assistance on third-party payer issues
- Guidance on legal and regulatory compliance
- Discounts on the purchasing of supplies and materials, debt collection services, workers compensation premiums and credit card services
- Discounted rates on insurance products, including health and professional liability coverage
High quality continuing education opportunities at the premier eye conference in the Midwest, the annual EastWest Eye Conference
Continuing education opportunities at the local level at Zone meetings